Zauberball Sock Yarn
- 75% Superwash Merino Wool | 25% Nylon
- Fingering weight
- 459 yards/100 meter ball
- Knit | 7.5 stitches per inch | US 0 – 2 or 2.0 – 2.75mm
- Machine washable in cold water
Twist Light by madelinetosh is a super-soft blend of superwash merino wool and nylon in a fingering or sock weight, hand-dyed by the skillful and creative dyers at madelinetosh. Twist Light has a nice, tight ply, so it makes for stunning projects with great stitch definition. Every skein is unique, so there are no dye lots.
The yarn you receive may look slightly different from the pictures. To ensure the best results :
- Buy enough yarn for your entire project so that the distribution of the colors is more uniform from skein to skein.
- When using hand-dyed yarn in your project work two rows from one skein and two rows from another skein to give an overall blended effect.
- We are glad to special order for you. As a local yarn store, we can source colors that are not available through the madelinetosh retail site. We have access to the entire catalog of madelinetosh colors, so we can tell you if the color you’re looking for is still available.
- Please allow 10 to 12 weeks for yarns that are not in our current stock.
What We Like About It
Twist Light is wonderful to work with and it’s a favorite among our sock knitting customers. It is machine washable and dryable (at least we put it in the dryer) and wears very well. We love the color range and so do our customers.
Why It Might Not Work for You
If we special order for you, you may forget what project you bought the yarn for by the time you get it. As noted above, the lead time is two to three months. Remember the adage that good things come to those who wait, and you’ll be rewarded. Twist Light costs a lot. We know that. However, handknitted socks are a luxury and you’ll be very proud of the results and the knitting experience if you use good yarns. For sock projects, you’re only buying one skein. Live it up.
Suggested Patterns for Twist Light
- Hermione’s Everyday Socks (free on Ravelry)
- Grand Central Socks
- Socks for Martine
Looking for similar colors in worsted weight? Check out Tosh Vintage!
|Zauberball Sock Yarn - 2335||$23.00|
5 in stock
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.