Classes are currently being added for 2022 and 2023. If you are registered for a previously scheduled class, please contact us to transfer to a new session.
Sessions of this class are scheduled for the following dates. Classes typically meet for 10+ hours on scheduled days.
Wednesday, October 12, 2022 12:00 am- Saturday, October 15, 2022 12:00 am Registration opens: July 16, 2022
Sunday, November 13, 2022 9:00 am- Wednesday, November 16, 2022 7:00 pm Registration opens: September 14, 2022
Sunday, May 21, 2023 9:00 am- Wednesday, May 24, 2023 7:00 pm Registration opens: September 15, 2022
Sunday, June 4, 2023 9:00 am- Wednesday, June 7, 2023 7:00 pm Registration opens: September 15, 2022
Sunday, July 9, 2023 12:00 am- Wednesday, July 12, 2023 7:00 pm Registration opens: September 15, 2022
- Registration opens:
We take the safety of our students and instructors very seriously. Many of our students and both of our instructors are in groups that are at high risk of complications from Covid-19. We have thought long and hard about how to resume our popular in-person classes. All of our instructors and our staff are fully vaccinated. We have installed a UV-C HEPA filter in the classroom. We have hand sanitizer and soap readily available at all times. We are catering lunch every day (included in your tuition).
Here is what we are asking of our students. If you are not willing to comply with our safeguards, please don't register. If there's a compliance issue, you'll be asked to leave class, and no refund or store credit will be offered to you. Yeah, we mean it, and we don't want to do it. What are you agreeing to? Here goes:
- All students must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Please bring proof of vaccination with you.
- Please do a Covid self-test within 24 hours of the start of your class. If you do not have a test, we'll provide one for you.
- All students will follow CDC and state of New Mexico guidelines for masking. Students are required to wear masks when traveling by car on field trips. We have KN95 masks available for your convenience.
- If you are ill, please don't come. If you have allergies or are otherwise symptomatic, we will require that you show a negative test result to attend class
- If you develop Covid-19 symptoms during the class, you'll need to isolate and get a Covid-19 test immediately. If you test positive for Covie-19, you'll be leaving class and will not be able to return for the rest of your session. We will do everything possible to help you quarantine and travel home safely.
- If someone in your class tests positive, our remaining field trips will be canceled and you'll be asked to test daily for the remainder of your class.
- Maintain social distance between yourself and others to the extent possible.
We cannot guarantee that you won't become ill if you travel, but we will do everything that we can to keep you and our staff healthy.
Our Boot Camp Classes in Navajo Weaving Techniques class bring our popular four-day intensive format to Gallup’s Arts and Cultural district! Class starts on a Wednesday and lasts four intense days, ending on Saturday evening.
Our class will meet from 9 AM to 7 PM, and we will have visits with Gallup traders like Bill Malone and Perry Null. We invite area weavers to stop by. Plenty of shopping is nearby, so your breaks are guaranteed to be exciting! Boot camp is geared to weavers of all levels and has a 3/1 teacher/student ratio to get the attention you need to progress.
Instructors: Jennie Slick and Gloria Begay
What you can learn in Boot Camp Classes in Navajo Weaving Techniques
- Loom warping
- Basic weaving
- Basic joins
Advanced topics available:
- Side selvage cord use
- Designing for weavability
- Computer-based design options
- Combining joins
- Twill techniques
- Wedge weave
- Raised outline
There are no prerequisites for beginners. We will tailor more advanced topics to your individual needs.
Essential Details about Navajo Weaving Techniques Boot Camp in Gallup
Tuition for the class is $450 and includes the use of a loom and tools for the course duration. You may also bring your loom subject to space limitations. You will warp the loom on the first day of class.
Accommodations: It is your responsibility to make lodging reservations. The Best Western Plus (one mile from our store) is the closest hotel to Weaving in Beauty. The El Rancho Hotel is quite close to our store. It is historic, fun, and quirky. It is NOT a Hilton, and if you have issues with accessibility, we suggest another hotel (one of the quirks of the hotel is that the bathrooms are, umm, unconventional). There are over 2000 hotel rooms in Gallup, so you should be able to find something that works for you!
Registration, Cancellation, and Refund Policies
A deposit is required to hold a seat in any class. You must pay your tuition in full before your class begins. If you cannot attend the session that you have registered for, you may move to another session at no additional cost by paying any difference in tuition if there is space available. Registration deposits are non-refundable unless we cancel the class, but you can transfer to another class with open space at no charge.
If we cancel a class due to low enrollment, you’ll receive a full refund of all the fees you’ve paid, or you can transfer to another session with space. We will make this determination as soon as possible and inform you immediately should we need to do it. You can’t anticipate conditions like weather, employment, and medical emergencies, so we highly recommend that you purchase trip insurance to cover the portions of your itinerary that may not be refundable.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.